| Oct. 21, 2015, midnight
Everyone, 6 months of age and older, is recommended to get vaccinated against the flu.
A flu vaccine reduces your risk of illness, hospitalization, or even death and can prevent you from spreading the virus to your loved ones. Protect your family from flu: get vaccinated.
Flu Shot Clinic Hours Monday through Friday 8am to 12pm and 2 to 4pm No appointment necessary.
Everyday Preventive Actions That Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. This will block the spread of droplets from your mouth or nose that could contain germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you or your child gets sick with a respiratory illness, like flu, limit contact with others as much as possible to help prevent spreading illness. Stay home (or keep your child home) for at least 24 hours after fever is gone except to seek medical care or for other necessities. Fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- Find out about your employer’s plans if an outbreak of flu or another illness occurs and whether flu vaccinations are offered on-site.
- Routinely clean frequently touched objects and surfaces, including doorknobs, keyboards, and phones, to help remove germs.
- Make sure your workplace has an adequate supply of tissues, soap, paper towels, alcohol-based hand rubs, and disposable wipes.
- If you begin to feel sick while at work, go home as soon as possible.
Visit BurkePrimaryCare.com for detailed information on preventing and treating the flu.Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
- CHRISTOPHER SHATLEY JOINS BURKE PRIMARY CARE AS PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
- BURKE PRIMARY CARE EARNS NATIONAL RECOGNITION
- BURKE PRIMARY CARE OPENS EXPANDED OFFICES
- BURKE PRIMARY CARE PROMOTES NICOLE MOORE TO MANAGE BURKE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH
- LAURA GRATTON JOINS BURKE PRIMARY CARE AS DOCTOR OF FAMILY MEDICINE
- Awards and Recognition (1)
- Dr. Tim Robinson (1)
- expansion (2)
- office (2)
- office news (5)
- provider news (8)
- weather events (1)
- VanNoppen Marketing (51)